Sunday, March 1, 2009

February Status

So how'd we do in February? We were actually in really good shape right up until the last day of the month. We still did very well, but I think we about doubled our spending on the last day. That includes some beautiful roses DH got for me. :) He's so sweet. Aren't they lovely?


As you may recall, I have a goal of $30 a week. Here's the rundown:
Total grocery OOP: $59.47
Average weekly spending: $14.87 (YES! WAY under!)
Total grocery savings: $70.02
And I saved more than I spent! $10.55, if you're wondering.
And if you're wondering how this is calculated, here's the general idea. Groceries mostly include those things I get at places like Meijer and Aldi. So this doesn't include anything from CVS or Walgreens, even if it could be construed as a grocery type of item. I may or may not record a trip to the grocery store. If there's nothing terribly interesting about it, I won't bother. I doubt anyone has any desire to see a picture of every bottle of milk I buy.

0 comments: