Saturday, September 27, 2008

Walgreens Double Dip Days!

Today is the last double dip day at Walgreens! What is this double dip day, you ask? Well, it is when there are two Easy Saver Catalogs going on at the same time! Usually at the end of the month, there are a couple of days where the new book has started, but the old book isn't expired yet. To make this deal even better, there's also a $5/20 coupon that is good today, too! Remember, you have to have $20 AFTER all other Walgreens and manufacturer coupons. So how does this double dipping work? Here's an example. In the Sept. ESR there's a coupon for $1 off Glade Fabric and Air Refresher. In the Oct. book, there's a $1 rebate for Glade Fabric and Air. Couple it with the manufacturer coupon for $1.50 off, and you can get these for $.50 a bottle! They're normally $3.99 at Walgreens. Now, just a note, double dipping does not work if there are two of the same rebate. For instance, Sept. has a rebate on Glade Scented Oil Candles. Oct. has a rebate for these as well. You can't buy 1 and submit it for both months. The Walgreens rebate system will deny one of the rebates. And one more thing about the Oct. rebates before I show off my double dip deals, there are two repeat rebates this month from last month that aren't in the ESR book. The Nivea for Men and LypSyl from the Sept. book are online as the last two rebates in the Oct. book! And even if you claimed the Sept. rebate, you can still buy more and claim the Oct. rebate!

Ok, so now onto the deals. I spent OOP again. It's so depressing. There was a deal on popcorn a few weeks ago, $.50 for 3 bags. I bought all they had. So my gift card was quickly depleted. The popcorn is a part of a Christmas basket I'm planning for quite a few friends, so I needed a lot of it. Anyway, such is life. So here's what I got:


10 Glade Fabric and Air
4 Glade Scented Oil Candles
1 Pert 2-in-1

Total Cost: $72.18
Coupons: $49.50
OOP: $22.68

And I'm getting back $23.64 in rebates, so this is a profit of $0.96! Ok, not the biggest profit in the world. But again, these are mostly Christmas presents. Well, everything except the Pert. I know what you're thinking. How did I get 10 of the Glades in one shot?! Well, I called just about every Walgreens in town, and finally I found one that just had tons of it. The other places I called told me they had 1 or 2. And I needed 10 to make my $5/20 coupon work! Thankfully the store I visited had plenty, and there was lots more on the shelves even after I got my 10. That store is terrific. I called, and they set them aside for me! I didn't actually get there until about an hour after I called, so I was very impressed. It was just about the smoothest Walgreens transaction I think I've ever had. No beeps, everything just went right through.

Oh, and one last thing. I'd like to wish my cousin Sharon a very happy wedding day!! Congratulations you two! :)

1 comments:

ajsritter said...

Shawna, you're amazing. I thank Joanna profusely for introducing me to your blog. I never knew such a world existed... :)