Monday, August 3, 2009

This week's CVS run

I've come up with something of a system that seems to be working for me pretty well. Sunday, on the way to church, stop by the not 24 hr CVS here (they open at 9, right about the time we are headed to church), and do the weekly deals. This is probably the 4th or 5th week in a row I've done it. There's only been twice that they didn't have everything I wanted. What's amazing is that I go in basically right at opening time the first day of the sale, and they won't have certain items. For instance, yesterday they didn't have the scissors that are free after ECBs this week. That's a 3 day sale. It's over on Tuesday. Unless their delivery schedule has changed, they won't get any more scissors in before the sale is over. It kind of peeves me a little bit. The rainchecks are fine, but I work pretty hard to get my deals figured out to the penny, and I go in right when they open in an effort to make sure they aren't out. I only have 1 card. It's not like I go in expecting to find 80 pairs of scissors and buy them all. Anyway, that is my rant. Did you like it? Oh, what's that? You'd like to see the deal now, please? Oh, well, since you asked so nicely....



2 Caliber Flexi-rulers - $.99 w/$.99 ECBs, LIMIT 2 (Sun, Mon, & Tues only)
2 Caliber Glue stick 3pk - $.99 w/$.99 ECBs, LIMIT 2 (Sun, Mon, & Tues only)
2 It's Academic stretchy book covers - $.99 w/$.99 ECBs, LIMIT 2 (Sun, Mon, & Tues only)
2 Caliber 1 subject notebooks - $.99 w/$.99 ECBs, LIMIT 2 (Sun, Mon, & Tues only)
2 CVS pens 20 pk - $.99 w/$.99 ECBs, LIMIT 2 (Sun, Mon, & Tues only)
2 Caliber protractors - $1.50 w/$1.50 ECBs, LIMIT 2 (Sun, Mon, & Tues only)
2 pocket folders - $.49 w/$.49 ECBs, LIMIT 2 (Sun, Mon, & Tues only) Well, this is what it's supposed to be at least. I must have the wrong ones, because they rang up $.49 and $.50, and I didn't get any bucks. I'm going to return them today.
1 Blink Eye drops - $7.99 w/$7.99 ECBS, LIMIT 1 I used the $3 off coupon from Sunday's paper.
1 Softsoap - $4.99 w/$4 ECBs, advertised LIMIT 1, but LIMIT is actually 5. Used $2 printable

Total Cost: $27.62
Coupons: $9
ECBs: $17.86
GC: $.76

And I got back $24.89 in ECBs, for a profit of $6.27. That'll be even better once I get the portfolio stuff figured out!

0 comments: