Tuesday, August 4, 2009

MckLinky Blog Hop - Encouragement 8/3

This week's Blog Hop topic is Encouragement. I spent quite a bit of time thinking about what I wanted to post, and I came across this picture:



Just a regular cake, right? Well, yes, but it's always meant a lot to me. When I was in grad school, I had a really great job with some really great people. And they all believed in me. Grad school was one of the hardest things I ever did. I completed my 2 year degree in 8 months, and I worked part time. (And did I mention I was planning a wedding, too, with my fiance over 500 miles away?) Yeah, it was a pretty stressful time in my life, but it was fun, too. The folks I worked with were always encouraging me to work hard at school and reach my full potential. When I got ready to leave, they threw me an awesome party (hence the cake). It was amazing to know so many great folks believed in me and wanted me to succeed. I hope I've made them proud.


MckLinky Blog Hop