Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Adventures in dining

So if you ask anyone I know, you'll find out that I'm no cook. My aunt has a magnet on her fridge that says "I'd cook if I could find the can opener." That is about my speed. I can microwave it. Since I've been married, I have had spurts where I've tried a little harder, but DH is such a good cook, I don't have much in the way of motivation.

Every week, we try to make a menu. Lately, we've been in something of a rut. We make 6 or 7 different things, and there wasn't much in the way of variety. You may vaguely remember the epic amount of chicken we have, so we went looking for a new chicken recipe.

We ended up making Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts:


And it was really good! The color of the chicken wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it was very good. If we make it again, I think we'll brown the chicken a bit first. Other than that, it was perfect. I definitely think we'll make it again.