Friday, January 8, 2010

Wrapping up 2009

It's only taken me a week to finally get all my spreadsheets for 2009 tidied up. How did the end of the year turn out? Well, let's have a look, shall we?

Total value of merchandise from CVS: $1,437.85
Total OOP at CVS: $2 (yes, remember that one time NEITHER of my gift cards would work!)
Ending balance at CVS: -$22.87
So that means that by the end of 2009, I had $22.87 less in gift cards and ECBs than I did at the beginning of the year. I kind of wish I'd run a profit, but sometimes rolling those bucks is pretty much impossible.

Total value of merchandise from Walgreens: $1,053.07
Total OOP at Walgreens: $0 (YES! I spent absolutely NONE of my own money at Walgreens all year!)
Ending balance at Walgreens: $16.94
So I did make a profit at Walgreens this year. My Walgreens shopping has really decreased sharply since the end of the rebate program. The rebates were a great way to make money. The RR are working out pretty well in general, but I know that I buy a lot less from Walgreens now than I used to.

And now it's time to remove the Savings Summary for 2009 and replace it with 2010. How did that end up for the year?

Total Price of Merchandise Purchased:
$2798.82
Total OOP:
$13.46
Total Savings:
$2785.36
Percent Saved:
99%

That's better than I did in 2008. I only had about 96% savings for that year.

Thank you for joining me on my savings journey for 2009. I hope you'll continue to follow in 2010. I look forward to finding lots more great deals to share with you!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Coupon Lady! Any chance we could see a little tutorial on how you set up your spending spreadsheets? Not the technical stuff like formulas, but the catergories that you keep track of and things of that sort. I'm working on my spreadsheet and it's just not right! I'd come to a class, but I'm in Florida!