
I think that financially, 2009 went pretty well. We made more than two mortgage payments a month, and we made one large payment at the end of the year. Our emergency fund has about six months of expenses in it. We gave away even more than we did last year. I hope to give away even more next year.
- Give away at least 20% of our gross income. I think last year we gave away about 16%. I'd like to increase that a little. There are tons of outstanding charities out there, and we want to do our part to help those in need.
- Continue to make at least 2 mortgage payments a month and make a large payment at the end of the year. I would like to say that we have the goal to pay off our mortgage this year. We might, but we won't know for sure until we get the statement from the bank. I'm not sure exactly what we have left.
- Keep our emergency fund at 6 months worth of expenses. I'd ultimately like to increase that to a year's worth of expenses, once we have our mortgage paid off.
- Start saving to pay cash for a new (to us) car. Hubby's 13 year old Honda has done us well, but I'm not sure how many more years it has in it. I'd like to have $2,500 saved towards a new car by the end of the year. Clearly that's just a drop in the bucket, but I don't anticipate actually purchasing a new car until 2012 (by which time we'll hopefully have our house paid off).
Have you figured out what your financial goals are for 2010? I'd love to hear about them!
Photo credit:





















1 comments:
Sounds like Dave Ramsey wrote your goals. I love it and hope you exceed them all!
Post a Comment