Friday, September 4, 2009

Back to Meijer and County Market

Today is my mom's birthday. Happy birthday, Mom!! So DH and I found ourselves needing to go to the store last night to pick up some necessary birthday supplies... and Kool aid.



Here's what we got in 5 transactions

12 Kool-aid - $1, use $1 coupon from Meijer Mealbox to make these free and get a cat for $2 off your next purchase. Or use the Mealbox coupon generator from HotCouponWorld to print more than 1 to a page
2 24pks of Soda - $3.99 ea, used $2 MFC
2 Doritos - $1.97 ea, used $3/2 MFC
1 Pillsbury Frosting - $1.38
1 Pillsbury cake - $.95, used $1/2 Pillsbury baking products

Total Cost: $26.45
Coupons: $20
Cats: $6
GC: $0.45
OOP: $0

And I came home with 3 more cats, so I basically broke even, minus the $.45 on the gift card.

Well, we got home, and I started putting stuff away, and I figured out that I'd forgotten to get ice cream. Well, the $5 cat I got from County Market the other day was getting ready to expire in just a few days, so we made a quick run dow to County Market for ice cream.



1 ice cream - $2.55
1 dz eggs - $.99
1 4pk TP - $1.59
1 sample size Nature Valley Clusters - FREE!

Total Cost: $5.29
Cats: $5
GC: $.29
OOP: $0

Believe it or not, we're about out of toilet paper around here. That's just basically unheard of. Here's hoping for a deal really soon, or I might have to actually... gulp... pay for some.

2 comments:

vickie said...

Hi, I stopped by to tell you I left you an award on my blog : )

Vickie

Lauren said...

I've never seen doritos coupons, that is impressive :D

Let us know if you find a good toilet paper deal around here! The best I've seen in awhile is the 4 white cloud rolls are $2 at WM and there are $1 off coupons, so $1 for four big rolls isn't horrible.... but better would be nice :D