Thursday, September 3, 2009

August Summary

Ok, we skipped a July summary. Why? Because I forgot. I know, it's shocking. I never forget anything.

...What was I saying....

Oh yeah! August summary. So, yeah, it went pretty well, I think. DH has had lots of yummy things from the garden, so that's helped keep the spending down. I'm loving his green peppers. They're amazing. And we have enough tomatoes to comfortably sink a battleship.

So how'd it actually go?

Total grocery OOP: $59.28
Average weekly spending: $14.82
Total grocery savings: $46.21

Now, that OOP includes $20 that I'm expecting to get back in a rebate, so it's even better than it looks! I'd be lying if I said we didn't eat out at all.... So that keeps the grocery spending down, too, by vastly increasing the eating out spending. However, we did eat at home a vast majority of the time. I just love the never ending pasta bowl at Olive Garden. And we had a coupon. And a gift card. And it's yummy....

But I digress.... How'd your August spending go? I swear I spend more in the summer, so I'm eager to see how the fall goes.

LOL, so please forgive me for having a random part of another post of mine in here. Copy and paste isn't my friend, apparently. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you spend ror a month I would be happy to spend a week. I hope to be there someday soon.
Donna

Lauren said...

Donna, I'm with you! We've cut back and it is getting better, but still not that low.
Though in my defense, everything I can buy at a grocery store or pharmacy is considered 'groceries' and not just food. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, haha!