Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What I got at Walmart

So this morning, I met a team from WICD to do a piece on coupon shopping. I thought it went pretty well, but boy was I nervous. And I completely fell over my words a few times, but in the end, I think it was ok.

Here's what I got:


So the first time I went through the line, with the camera, I picked up the wrong cheese. I had to have the cashier void it off. She was very nice about it.

5 Kraft BBQ sauce - $.98, used $1 MFC
3 Axe trial size - $.97, used $1 MFC
2 Lint Rollers - $.97, used $1 MFC
1 Macaroni Grill - $3.74, used free item coupon
1 Cascade - $3.13, used free item coupon
1 Kotex - $1, used $1 MFC
1 Raisin Bran - $2, used $1 MFC
1 Mini Wheats - $2, used $1 MFC
1 Diet Pepsi 2 Liter - $1, used $2 MFC
1 Dr. Pepper 2 Liter - $1.38, used free item coupon

Total Cost: $24.94
Coupons: $23.25
OOP: $1.69

2 Kraft Cheese - $2, used $1 MFC

Total Cost: $4.04
Coupons: $2
OOP: $2.04

So I spent $3.73 for $28.98 worth of merchandise. That's an 87% savings. We needed the cheese, and it was a pretty good deal. I try to pay no more than $1.25 a bag, and these were $1 ea before tax.

I'm told the piece is going to air on Thursday night! I can't wait!

I want to thank Bridget and Ashley for taking the time to meet with me. It was a great experience.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Cool! On TV! Sorry, we don't have our TV connected to anything so I couldn't see you :(

Unknown said...

youtube link, please.