Saturday, May 30, 2009

Reader Questions

I got a couple more great reader questions the other day, so let me try to answer them!

Hey Shawna,just for curiosity, What happens when you use a coupon that is more than what the items costs on sale? Do you do that just because they will be free after using that particular coupon?


Well, it depends on the store. Some stores, like Meijer, Walgreens, and CVS, adjust the coupon down to the price of the item. Other stores, like Walmart and Schnucks, give you the full coupon value, regardless of the price of the item. I often times won't buy an item we really don't need even if it's free. If I can get overage, I will buy most anything, even if I don't need it.

Just where did all these free item coupons come from? Give us the scoop!


This was in response to my Meijer trip the other day. I had free coupons for Clorox wipes, Nabisco crackers, Dr. Pepper, Kashi Waffles, and Planters snacks. I got those coupons from a few different places. I won the Planters, Nabisco, and Clorox coupons as prizes. The Kashi coupon came from Vocalpoint. And the Dr. Pepper coupon came from a promotion that they were running a month or so ago. I've also gotten free coupons when I've contacted companies directly. I highly recommend everyone join Vocalpoint. I've gotten some terrific coupons from them, and I've only been a member for a few months. And enter giveaways for free coupons. You just might win!


2 comments:

Jenna Z said...

Awesome, thanks for the scoop! I always figured coupon giveaways on blogs were filled with diaper coupons, I'll start entering them now!

Lauren said...

Some of the contests for a free product actually send along a couple. I one a contest for a free Natural Source cleaner and was thinking it would be a pain to ship, but they sent a coupon for one free... made more sense after that :D

I emailed Tropicana awhile ago and they sent me 2 $4 Tropicana coupons for my comments!