Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Shopping in the Rain

It rained today... It rained quite a bit. I went shopping anyway. This is mostly because I had a $3/$15 for CVS that expired today. So here's what I got:



Walgreens

Trans #1

1 Colgate - $3.49 w/$3.50 RR, used $.75 MFC
1 Oust - $2.99 w/$1 rebate, used $2 MFC
1 Easter tumbler - $.39 (forgot to use the coupon in the flier)

Total Cost: $7.16
Coupons: $2.75
RR: $3
GC: $1.41
OOP: $0

Trans #2

1 Chapstick - $1.99 w/$2 RR
1 Glade Lasting Impressions - $5.99 w/$2 rebate, used $4 MFC

Total Cost: $8.46
Coupons: $4
RR: $3.50
GC: $0.96
OOP: $0

Trans #3

1 Skintimate
They credited me the $.26 from the coupon I didn't use in the first transaction

Total Cost: $3.20
Coupons: $.26
RR: $2
GC: $0.94
OOP: $0

Trans #4

1 Colgate - $3.49 w/$3.50 RR, used $.75 MFC
1 Oust - $2.99 w/$1 rebate, used $2 MFC
1 Easter tumbler - $.13 (I remembered to use the coupon in the flier)

Total Cost: $6.88
Coupons: $2.75
RR: $3
GC: $1.13
OOP: $0

And I have a $3.50 RR, and I'll be getting back $4.40 in rebates!

CVS
3 Excedrin - $1.99, used $2 coupon
2 Easter Grass - $.79 w/$.79 ECB ea Limit 2
2 Easter Baskets -$1.99 w/$1.99 ECB ea Limit 2
1 Skintimate - $3.79 w/$3.79 ECB Limit 1

Total Cost: $15.08
Coupons: $9
ECB: $6
GC: $0.08
OOP: $0

The ECB didn't print for the Easter grass, so they forced them for me. It should have been $1.58. When they forced it, it printed $2! So that was a nice surprise. I ended up with $9.47 in ECB, for a profit of $3.39!

And one more plug for Swagbucks... I've been a member for two weeks and 1 day, and I already have enough bucks for 2 Amazon gift cards. I cashed bucks today to get 1 card. I love it!


4 comments:

Lauren said...

That's impressive with the SwagBucks! I've been on quite a bit longer and have got two Amazon gift cards, but you've done it way faster :D

I like free Amazon gift cards :D ALways handy!

Michel-lee said...

I'm heading to CVS today and get the baskets and grass. I've got a question....I need two baskets and two bags of grass....Do I need to make two seperate transactions or will I get the ECB for each item on one transaction? Hope that makes sense.

Shawna said...

Hi Michel-lee,

You won't need to do two separate transactions. If you buy 2 baskets in a single transaction, you'll get a single ECB for $3.98 ($1.99x2). Watch your receipt for the grass, since the ECBs may not print.

Hope you have a great trip! Please let me know how it goes! :)

Shawna

Michel-lee said...

Just got back. No baskets gosh darn it. They sold out yesterday. I would try other stores but it's raining outside and is suppose to get yucky later today. I've learned my lesson that I should have gotten them yesterday. I did get Easter grass and the ECBs printed out with no problem.