Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crummy Wags Experience

I finally found time to hit up Walgreens again this week. I need to use up those Garnier coupons! They're burning a hole in my coupon binder. :) First, I'll tell you what I got. Then I'll tell you about the "incident".



3 Garnier - $.99 w/EasySaver coupon, used $1 MFC
1 Glade Sense & Spray - $3.99 w/EasySaver coupon, used $4 MFC
1 Dry Idea deodorant - I returned it, but there's a $2 coupon

Total Cost: $11.50
Coupons: $9
GC: $2.50
OOP: $0

So here's what happened. I got a roll on Dry Idea deodorant. From what I could see in the ad, this counts for the $2.99 get $2 RR deal this week. It fit the size description. So the RR doesn't print. The manager comes over, and he tells me it didn't print because it wasn't in the picture. It wasn't in the picture?! They put every item in the picture? I showed him the front page and said there were only 2 items pictured for the Garnier deal. Did that mean only those 2 counted? He insists that the gel Dry Idea would work. They were out. So I ask if I can just return it, and then he figures out I used a coupon. So now he tells me that it didn't print because I used a coupon. I almost died. First it's the picture, now it's the coupon. I told him that was not the case. He said he had NEVER rung out an order where the person used a coupon for an item that produced an RR and got the RR. So I told him that meant he'd never rung me out before. He insisited again that it was because of the coupon, and I told him that I was sorry that I understood his register programming better than he did, but he was in fact mistaken. In the end he refunded $3.22 to my gift card, which was fine with me. I called Walgreens corporate, but they were closed. I left a message. Hopefully I'll hear from someone soon. I just think it's crazy that he would say that. It just makes no sense....
For those of you who are local, this was the Walgreens at Neil and Kirby. Go to the one on Windsor and Duncan. They're great.
***Update***
Well, it appears as if the manager was partially right. Apparently the deal only works on the gel, not the items described. Still seems broken to me... If the item fits the description, it should work!

0 comments: