Saturday, October 18, 2008

Yay for having the camera!

I finally got the camera back from DH! Yay! Today is the last day to use the $5/$25 coupon at Walgreens! I got some great deals there today. But let me start with Thursday. I made a Walgreens and a CVS run, and it was pretty good!



Walgreens

3 Dimetapp (coupon)
1 Reynolds Wrap

Total Cost: $13.05
Coupons: $6
Gift Card: $7.05
OOP: $0

And I got back $10 in RR!

CVS

2 Bic Soleil Blade Refills
1 Bic Soleil Razor

Total Cost: $18.44
Coupons: $6
ECB: $11.96
OOP: $0.48

I used my raincheck that I got last week for the refills and razors. They were $5.99 get $4 in ECB. They gave me a gift card for $12 to make up for the ECB! So now I won't have to spend OOP for a little bit at CVS. Yay!!

So at first I didn't think I'd use the $5/$25 coupon at Walgreens. But after doing some looking around Hot Coupon World, I found some great scenarios. And I stumbled across some great news at cheapsk8mom, too. Meijer offers coupons on their website. Right now, you can get $1.50 off two Jellos and $1.50 off one Taco Bell salsa. The post I've linked also talks about free Kraft Bluebox, but I've heard people have been having trouble with that deal, so I didn't try it. Anyway, here's what I got today at Meijer and Walgreens.


Walgreens

3 Kotex
3 Dimetapp
2 Gillette Shampoo
1 Nivea Body Wash
1 Oral B Toothbrush
1 Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Cleaner

Total Cost: $63.32
Coupons: $28.75
RR: $4.50
Gift card: $30.07
OOP: $0

And I got back $13 in RR and $21.99 in rebates! So I made about $0.40, which seems pretty good to me! I actually did this in two transactions and bought the toothbrush first, then used that $4.50 RR on the big order. It was actually cheaper that way!

Then last, but not least, I had a terrific trip to Meijer!

8 Jellos
4 Salsas
3 Johnson's Buddies
2 Loaves Italian Bread
2 Boxes South Beach Bars (coupon)
1 Gallon Apple Cider

Total Cost: $23.47
Coupons: $19
Previously Earned Cats: $4
OOP: $0.47

And I got back $2 off my next purchase, and $3 off my next purchase of 3 Johnson's Products! The lady at the checkout was so impressed, I gave her my email address and told her I'd let her know if I was going to hold another coupon class! I may make another run out to Meijer tonight. I'm not sure. The salsa is such a great deal!

0 comments: