Saturday, May 10, 2008

I just can't stop...

You may recall that I made some crazy claim about possibly being done with deals for the week. Yeah, well... not so much. I was over at Money Saving Mom reading about some great Wal-Mart deals, so I decided to head over there. I very rarely go to Wal-Mart. I probably haven't been there in a month or two at least. I didn't make money, but I don't think I did too bad:


I got
1 Chocolate Clusters Honey Bunches of Oats
2 Live Active Cereal
1 Bush's Beans
2 Jennie-O Turkey Franks
2 Zantac
4 Johnson's Buddies Scrubbing Bars
1 KY Jelly
9 1Lb Ground Turkey Rolls

Total Cost: $44.52
Coupons: $25
OOP: $19.52

So no profit, but I really only ended up paying for the ground turkey. Wal-Mart is about the only place in town that has the lean ground turkey at a reasonable price, so that's why I bought a lot of it. We eat it fairly frequently, but we don't go to Wal-Mart very much. I had coupons for everything except the ground turkey and the turkey franks. Most of my coupons made the products free! Here are some links for a couple of the coupons I had:
Honey Bunches of Oats
Live Active Cereal
Zantac - check out the store coupons at the Walgreens site. There is a $1 and a $5 off coupon.

After our Wal-Mart trip, I teased my husband to let me go to Walgreens just once more this week. I only wanted to see if they had any more of the Crest Pro-Health. Well, they did... So I got 9 more! Oh dear, soon we're going to be swimming in this stuff.


I had the $6 Venus RR to use, so this really was a great deal.

Total Cost: $22.72
Coupons: $13.50
Previously Earned RR: $6
Gift Card: $3.23
OOP: $0

And I walked out with another $20 in RR. I don't have any idea what I'm going to do with all these RR, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Well, it's nearly Sunday, so I think I can safely say I'm done with deals for this week now. I wonder what next week will hold...

0 comments: