Friday, January 8, 2010

Shopping at CVS and Walgreens

The Green Bag Tag program at CVS is really causing me to have weird shopping habits. If I don't have some reason to buy everything in a single trip, I want to stop by there every day in order to get additional scans on my bag tag. Thankfully without going out of my way at all, I can go by 2 CVS's on my way to or from work. Otherwise the amount of gas I'd be wasting would just be embarrassing. I also found myself with some RR that were expiring this week. So here's what I've picked up so far this week, across three (or is it four?) stops at CVS and a stop at Walgreens:

Walgreens


2 Frosted Flakes - $2/5 w/$2 RR, used $1/2 coupon from 12/13 RP
2 Chips Ahoy - $.99 ea, get $2 RR wyb 2 (this RR isn't advertised to work on the smaller size, but it does!)
1 Cinnamon - $.99 (we got more cinnamon for less money than we could at Aldi!)
1 Penway folder - $.19 w/IVC, filler

Total Cost: $8.26
Coupons: $1
RR: $7
GC: $.26

And I got back $4 in RR, so this cost $3.26.

And then there are the multiple stops at CVS....


2 BioLuxe conditioner - $9.99, B1G1 w/$9.99 mail in rebate
1 GE Energy Smart Light Bulb - $2.99 w/$2 ECBs, used $1 printable

Total Cost: $14.03
Coupons: $1
ECBs: $11.99
GC: $1.04

And I got back $2 in ECBs, and I'll get back $9.99 in rebates. So this cost $1.04.

Wondering what those pens are? They're free at Staples this week after Easy Rebate. I had a $3 certificate for trading in my ink cartridges (please tell me you do this, because it's awesome!). I even put the $.99+tax on a gift card, and I'm getting back $4 cash after rebate. Anyway, back to CVS...


(Imagine there are two of these. I did two trips on two separate days to pick up one of these. Yes, both times this was the only thing I bought. Yes, I know I have problems.)

Transaction #1

Total Cost: $8.07
ECBs: $7.96
GC: $.11

And I got back $8 ECBs for the diet spray, plus $1 for my green bag tag! So I made $.93!

Transaction #1

Total Cost: $8.07
ECBs: $7.99
GC: $.08

And I got back $8 ECBs, so it cost $.07. But it was a great way to roll some ECBs and I got another scan on my bag tag. I'm telling you, that bag tag is like crack. I just can't wait until I get another scan. Perhaps I should join a support group?



0 comments: