Monday, September 7, 2009

A CVS Run

Well, I had to go to 2 stores, and I got some stuff I hadn't planned to get, but I used up some ECBs that were going to be expiring on me this week. I still have a ton of ECBs that I need to use, though. And I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I may just have to burn them, but that will be really painful. We'll see. I can always get toilet paper.



Here's what I got in 2 transactions.

Transaction #1

1 Revlon Mineral Mousse - $9.99 w/$9.99 ECBs with Raincheck
1 Softsoap - $4.99 w/$4 ECBs with Raincheck, used $1 MFC
1 Basketball - $1.29 on clearance
1 Bamboo Skewers - $.19 clearance
1 Kabob Rack - $.69 clearance
1 Grill brush - $.49 clearance
1 Grill Cover - $.89 clearance
1 CVS Mouthwash - $1.99, used free item CRT

So here's the thing, we don't have a grill. DH says he wants to get one next summer. Hopefully we will, since now we have a bunch of grilling stuff. Oh well, at least it was really cheap.

Total Cost: $20.64
Coupons: $6.99
ECBs: $13
GC: $.65
OOP: $0

And I got back $16 in ECBs. I was only expecting $14, but I realized when I got home that $2 printed on my receipt for the Softsoap. So that one ended up being a double dip, and I didn't even realize it. So I made a profit of $2.35.

Transaction #2

2 Aussie Conditioner - $2.99 w/$2 ECBs ea
2 Crest w/Scope Toothpaste - $3.49 w/$2.50 ECBs ea, used 2 $1 coupons from the P&G rebate booklet
2 Throat Coolers - $4.99 w/$4.99 ECBs ea with Raincheck, used 2 $.50 coupons

Total Cost: $23.18
Coupons: $7
ECBs: $15.97
GC: $.21
OOP: $0

And I got back $19 in ECBs, for a $2.82 profit.

Neither of the stores in town that I visited had the Lifelock thingy, but I made it work. Right now, I'm running an almost $20 profit at CVS for the year. I'm afraid that won't last, since I'll have to use some of the ones I have now before they expire. We'll see. :)


1 comments:

Lauren said...

I haven't had much luck at CVS recently either, had a bunch of expired ones, that Mattis street would take up to 30 days expired, but apparently they're going to stop as they were told they aren't suppose to. They didn't have the lifelock either, no one has seen it yet.

I just wound up burning a bunch on practical stuff/stuff with partial ECBs. Better than letting them expire and be useless :D I figure if I at least hang on to some ECBs, then I have something to start rolling with again :D

As for grilling, the under $100 Walmart special (or this one is the Home Depot special!) works just fine if you want something basic. We had one before we moved (no easy way to move it, so my sister inherited) and it had lasted a few years. We LOVE to BBQ in the summer, keeps the house cooler and so easy. Worth it for sure :D