Monday, August 31, 2009

Awesome Meijer Deal!

Well, pretty awesome. It only has one drawback, but I'll get to that later.

Here are the basics. This week, Kool-Aid Singles are $1 a box. There's a coupon for $1 off at Meijer Mealbox. When you buy three or more Kool-Aid Singles in a single transaction, you get a Catalina for $2 off your next purchase. The down side? You can only use 1 of the $2 coupons per transaction. Not a huge problem, but I really prefer when they don't have that restriction. Still, an excellent deal.

So here's what I got tonight in 10 transactions:


27 Kool-Aid Singles
2 Glade Scented Oil refills - I had coupons for free refills that I got when I sent Glade an email. They were expiring today. I kind of forgot about them....
1 24 pk of Diet Sierra Mist - $3.99, used $2 MFC

Total Cost: $38.17
Coupons: $35.52
Catalinas: $2 (used 1 of the ones from the first 9 transactions to pay for the 10th, the soda and the Glade)
Gift Card: $.65
OOP: $0

And I came home with $16 in Catalinas!

If you're interested in doing this deal, save yourself some hassle and use the Meijer Mealbox Coupon Generator from Hot Coupon World. It's much easier to print multiple copies of the same Mealbox coupon with the generator than the Mealbox site.

Also, check end caps! The store I visited was basically out of the Singles in the aisle, but there were lots on the end cap.

AND, can I just say that the cashier I had this evening was one of the very best I've ever had at a Meijer! She was helpful, polite, sweet, and just all around good at her job. I gave her one of my cards, and I really hope she stops by. :)

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow! I hadn't seen this deal yet! There are $1 off MQ coupons too.

At the Champaign Meijer a couple weeks ago, they had a display of the singles w/ the tearpad above it over with the video games, something about buy a particular game and you got a bunch of free things including a Kool Aid singles.

Hmmm... think I can use the Mealbox and MQ ? :D

Oh, a question for you. I'm guessing that the catalinas from Meijer are like Walgreens, they don't roll so you have to keep them for another deal, right?