I actually got to go shopping this weekend. Yes! I know! Don't fall over! I think my long work hours may be almost done. Don't get me wrong, I have a cool job. Just sometimes working 10+ hours a day starts to wear on me. It looks like things may be getting back to a manageable pace, though, so I'm very happy about that. It means you might see more than just fly by night posts from me as I'm running back and forth from the office! Tell the truth. You're excited. :)
Anyway, like I said, I went shopping. (And one of these is from Saturday. What's my excuse for no post until Monday? Uhh... I did have to work some this weekend... a little... And I cleaned my house, not that you can tell now... )
Walgreens

So I had some RR that were expiring, and none of the stores in my area had any Ecotrin. :( So here's what I got in 3 transactions that should have been 2, but I totally messed the whole thing up.
1st Transaction
1 Listerine - $4.99 w/$2 RR, used $2 coupon
1 Breath Freshener - $.05 filler
Total Cost: $5.09
Coupons: $2
RR: $3
GC: $.09
OOP: $0
So I didn't actually get the right Listerine the first time. I picked up the smaller bottle, because I totally wasn't paying attention. I had planned to buy another one in my next transaction, but I didn't, because the one I had was the wrong size. So I got this:
3 Raisins - $1
Total Cost: $3.03
RR: $3
GC: $.03
OOP: $0
So I exchanged the Listerine for the right one. Rick, the best Walgreens manager to ever grace our fine planet, was working. He'd already scoured the store for Ecotrin for me and didn't find any. So we're chatting about the Listerine, and he mentions he's been hoping to get some. He doesn't have a coupon. I give him my other one. This means I still have $2.50 in RR that expire that day, and I don't have a plan for spending them. It's ok. I'd rather he got the Listerine anyhow. We could comfortably bathe for days in all of the mouthwash in this house. It's not like we really needed it. So what'd I do instead?
2 Ban - 2/$3, w/ $1 RR wyb 2 (There are Ban coupons in the world, but I don't have any!)
Total Cost: $3.24
RR: $2.50
GC: $.74
OOP: $0
So I rolled my $8.50 RR into $3. Yeah, not so terrific. At least I didn't let them expire again, right? Always look on the bright side....
Then yesterday, we went to Meijer. It's actually a pretty terrific week at Meijer. There's $1 Brownberry bread and free butter. Here's what I got yesterday:

10 Brownberry Bread - $2, used $1 Meijer Mealbox coupon
8 Country Crock - 10 for $10 get the 11th free, used $.55 MFC and $1/2 Meijer Mealbox coupon
3 Pasta Roni - 10 for $10 get the 11th free, used $1/3 printable that I won in a coupon giveaway. I don't know where they came from
So this whole thing ended up costing me $.50 more than I had anticipated. Instead of taking off $1 for my free item, they took off $.50. That's because they took off one of the Country Crocks, and the Meijer Mealbox coupon had reduced the price of the Country Crock by $.50. I was a little peeved, but I let it go. I've had errors in my favor at Meijer before, so I didn't want to make a big fuss. Though part of me wonders if it would have mattered of the Pasta Roni had been rung up last. Would it have taken off one of those? The world may never know.
Total Cost: $30.67
Coupons: $19.40
GC: $11.27
OOP: $0
Finally, one note about the Meijer Mealbox coupons. If you've ever tried to print them, it can kind of be a pain. They'll only print one of each kind per page, and it's hard to print them so you aren't wasting tons of paper. HotCouponWorld now has a Meijer Mealbox coupon generator that will let you print multiple coupons per page. You can pick out which ones you want, and it will give you a page to print. I think they can fit 12 or so on a page. I love it! Check it out!
The weekly CVS and Walgreens deals are on their way. There's nothing too outstanding, unfortunately....



0 comments:
Post a Comment