Monday, May 18, 2009

The DH strikes again....

Greetings, couponers! It is I, the DH! Shawna was very busy the other night and couldn't get away, but the deals at Meijer were calling so armed with a boatload of coupons, I went to the store. Now, Shawna had written everything up on a sheet of paper, so really all I had to do was follow directions. Here's what I got:

4 packs of hot dogs
4 bottles of salad dressing
8 containers of Mayo
24 boxes of Mac & Cheese
2 boxes of coffee filters
1 package of lettuce
1 dozen eggs
1 gallon of milk

Do you ever feel conflicted about getting things you don't think you'll use for free? How much Mayo can/should two people eat? There's always the food pantry. Anyway, so what was the deal? Hot dogs were $.25 each, Meijer meal box + printable. Salad dressing was $1.58-$1 MMB - $1 printable, so a money maker. Mayo was MMB+printable, free. Mac & cheese was a $2 catalina if you bought 6 + b3g1 printable = $.50 for 6 boxes. Coffee filters were on sale and had a MMB, so a pretty good deal. Eggs, milk and lettuce was just on sale. So I was feeling pretty proud of myself that I had checked out with 5 transactions with coupons and catalinas and MMB/printable combos without a hitch so I put the stuff in the car and drove off. Well, I got where I was going and started looking for Shawna's little (as opposed to Big Bertha) coupon holder. I checked the bags, I checked the seats, under the seat, I checked the bags again..... Aaack, I must have left it in the cart! So I drove back to the store and found the cart still in the coral, empty.... hmm, bags, seat, under the seat and there it was. Phew! I was going to be in the dog house for a very VERY long time if I had lost that! After all that, there was a quick run into CVS to use up some expiring ECBs. So not including CVS, $14.94 - $8 in catalinas = $6.94. Not bad if I do say so myself. Here's the pic....




Just a quick edit from the wife. :) He got $45.54 worth of merchandise for $9.17 OOP.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Hehe! Nice work! I don't think my husband could handle that, in fact I doubt he would try!

My Kraft dinner catalina didn't print the second time :( have to talk to them about that.

Did you guys get the $5 gas one they were talking about if you bought 5 of the mayo/miracle whip/ salad dressing/peanuts in the larger sizes? I tried and didn't get one, didn't see the signs in store so maybe not in this area?

Bye! Lauren