Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm not a Kroger virgin anymore!

It's true! I went to Kroger today.... and I drove 45 miles to do it! Well, not just to go to Kroger. We also went to Kmart. Kmart's been running "Super Double Coupons" in some areas, and today was the last day for the Kmart closest to me, which is 45 miles away. Kmart was doubling all coupons up to $2, which seemed pretty good. Until I found out that the prices at Kmart are so ridiculous that even doubled $2 coupons don't make things a reasonable price. I didn't end up with much, but I did get a few things.

Ok anyhow on to the deals. For some reason I'm terrible at blogging during the week, so here are my Christmas clearance deals from CVS:


4 Christmas plaques
2 Throat Coolers (B1G1 coupon)
2 Packages candy canes
1 Roll wrapping paper
1 Ocean Spray cranberry sauce
1 Christmas stocking
1 Glade scented oil warmer
1 Candle holder

Total Cost: $13.09
Coupons: $4.99
ECB: $8
GC: $0.10
OOP: $0

I was SO happy to finally find some throat coolers. They're free after ECB this month. Rumor says the limit is 5, but I've only gotten the 2 so far. Open the box when you get them! There's a $.50 coupon inside! I got $9.98 in ECB, so this was a profit of $1.88.

This is what I got from Kroger and Kmart today, and a few things from Walgreens the other day:



Walgreens:
4 Oust
2 Windex
1 Orajel Cold Sore Patches
1 Tuff Trash Bags

Kmart:
3 Kotex Lightdays
3 Sugar Free Turtles
1 Endust
1 Huggies Wipes

Kroger:
7 4-packs Cottonelle ($0.50 coupon)
4 Rice-a-Roni ($0.50 coupon good for Rice or Pasta roni-- goes straight to printing)
4 Pasta-Roni
1 Tyson Chicken breasts


Total Cost: $54.63
Coupons: $42.18
RR: $10
GC: $1.98
OOP: $0.47

So about Kroger... they double up to $.50 coupons! And Cottonelle appears to be $0.99 all the time! I had a coupon for $5 off chicken when you buy 8 rice or pasta roni, and they were $1 this week at Kroger. So we got the chicken and the rice and pasta roni free! So Kmart was a big disappointment, and Kroger was amazing. I wish they would build a Kroger closer!

The Orajel is on EasySaver rebate this month, and there's a manufacturer's rebate, too! So it's really worth getting if you can find one. Now if I can just get the air freshener that's on rebate this month....

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too bad you didn't stay the night. Kroger is having their quarterly Mega Saver Mix & Match event starting this week.

*Buy 10 participating items (mix &/or match) and receive $5 off your order instantly! I loved this event the last time they had it!

I always do my grocery shopping on Sunday's because of only having one family car. I have also started posting the best deals you can't find in the ads for an out of town friend like here so keep an eye on my blog here for any Krogering you might think worthy of a drive!