Thursday, November 20, 2008

Great deal on batteries!!!

So if you haven't heard, there's a terrific deal on batteries this week at CVS. Some people have found $5/2 tear pads of CVS coupons on the Duracell display. I came across one last week, and I grabbed a few. (Yes, just a few. I didn't take them all!) This week, there's a spend $20 get $15 ECB deal on Duracell. So I've stocked up!

First CVS trip:



2 8pk AA batteries
2 Glade Scented Oil candles
2 Glade twin refills
2 Glade plugins w/fan
1 Blade shaving gel
1 CVS lip balm

Total Cost: $52.01
Coupons: $40.21
ECB: $7.99
GC: $3.81

And I got back $16 in ECB! So this alone was a money maker of $4.20. And I didn't get any ECB back for the Duracell. The 8pks of AA are only $5.99, so this was only $11.98. You can only use 1 of the $5/2 in a transaction, so I only bought two this time. Look in your coupons from last week, too. There's a coupon for $0.75 off any Duracell 4pk or larger (I think that's the wording). Since the $5/2 is a CVS coupon, you can use both! And if your store has a card scanner, don't forget to scan your card. I got a $10/$50 that I used on this transaction! The Glade is a really great deal this week, too. It's buy $10 of select Glade products, get $5 back in ECB. The coupons from 11/9 (I think that's the right date!) included a bunch of Glade coupons. I used two of the buy a refill, get a free warmer coupons. So you spend $3.99 (the price of the refill), get the warmer free, and get $5 back in ECB! Oh, and last... the Blade. If you have the coupons from the beauty magazine at CVS, there's a coupon for $2 off any Blade product. The shaving gel is $2.29 this week, with $1 in ECB! There's a limit of 5, so I'm going to try to get some more! Both the stores I visited today had tons, so I don't think it will be a problem. Oh, and last but not least, I got the lip balm with a freebie coupon that CVS sent me in the mail a few weeks ago.

So I went across town to another CVS to do another transaction.



4 Glade Scented Oil candles
2 Crest Pro-health whitening
2 8pk AAA batteries
1 Blade shaving gel

Total Cost: $44.77
Coupons: $20.73
ECB: $16
GC: $8.04

And I got back $32.98 in ECB! So this was a money maker of $8.94! And if you're wondering about the back of Chex mix, I got that at Walgreens. It's $.99 this week, and there's $1 coupon. They adjusted the coupon down to $.99, so I paid $.01 on my gift card.

Thankfully both my stores have TONS of batteries, so I'll be back tomorrow to pick up some more!

0 comments: