Ok, anyway I wasn't willing to pay full price, so I've had my eyes out for a deal. Meijer delivered! They had boneless chicken breast for $1.99 a lb! I know what some of you are thinking. This is practically the most expensive way to buy chicken. Why don't I get something cheaper? Well, my husband and I both work, and we find this to be the most convenient thing for us. I think I'd be tempted to eat out more (like I'm not already, ha!) if we got like a whole chicken and then cut it up ourselves or something. Just typing that sounds like too much work!
Wow, who knew I could go on and on about chicken? What you really want to see is the deal. Ok, here we go.

There's actually stuff from two stores here! Let's start with Meijer:
18 lbs of chicken
2 bottles Arm & Hammer Laundry detergent
1 box Kellogg's Blueberry Muffin Mini-Wheats
1 Cantaloupe
Total retail price: $45.42
Coupons: $3
Gift Card: $30
OOP: $12.42
And I have a mail in rebate on the cereal, so I'll be getting back another $3.28! The detergent was a really great deal. I was mad at myself for buying the All when I found this deal. I got 102 loads of detergent for $1.50 a piece! I actually ended up going back and getting some more later in the week.
So what are the pencils and rulers you ask? Staples has been advertising freebies over the last several weeks. This week it's pencil sharpeners, cap erasers, and report folders. You can get 10 report folders and 3 of the sharpeners and erasers! Teachers can get 25 of each! Last week they had pencils and rulers. Each customer could have 2, so we walked out with 4 packs of pencils and 4 rulers for absolutely nothing! They don't even charge tax! It's amazing. All these free school supplies are going into the shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child! And since I had already purchased enough pencils for the boxes I'm going to be sending this year, I cleaned out an old under the bed box, got rid of a bunch of stuff I didn't need, and started filling it up with school supplies for next year's shoeboxes! I'm excited!
Ok, well, I guess that's enough for today.... Actually, maybe I should tell you about how much we like pasta....



0 comments:
Post a Comment