So a garage is a manly place. You know, where you use power tools to get greasy while fixing the car, using only your bare hands and raw strength of will. Well, somehow Shawna got it in her head that we should clean out the garage. My garage, with my stuff in it. My messy things, you know. I'm not really sure where this came from. Maybe it was a whim. Maybe it was just the last place left. A final refuge for the clutter, excepting of course the closet-of-which-we-do-not-speak. Whatever the reasons, Saturday we were going to clean the garage. So we got started reasonably early cleaning the house. Shawna wanted me to take our aluminum cans to the local recycling place to get them out of the garage. There was a bit of bridge construction and apparently someone was returning a lifetime's worth of scrap-metal as it took 20 minutes for him to drop off his stuff. When I finally made it in, the people working kindly took to removing all bags of cans from my car like a finely trained pit crew. With my $6 in hand, I returned to find my lovely wife removing items from my somewhat buried workbench. We never really had THAT much stuff in there, just none of it was organized and there was a lot of things that just needed to be thrown away. Like the old paint cans of the ugly brown color that the previous owners had applied liberally to the exterior doors. Okay, so those are still here, but the rest got cleaned up, and we moved a few items that were near impossible to access before to a pretty convenient location. All and all, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Sigh, I guess I still have my closet...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















1 comments:
Looks fantastic!! I should have put you guys to work when you were here visiting ;)
Post a Comment