Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thornton's

A word from the DH,

I have a secret. We'll it's not really a secret. I like cereal. A lot. You know, the kind the comes in boxes with cartoon animals, leprechauns, flakes, oats, and crunchy things. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, it makes no difference to me. I'll eat it any time. A bowl of cereal and some milk - that's all I ask. There's 13 vitamins in there, right? What else do I need? Through various sales and coupon deals, our succulent cereal stash has often exceeded 50 boxes of this crunchy goodness. Well, lately we've been down to just two varieties (oh, the humanity!). So Shawna shows up with a box of Frosted Flakes and says, "Guess how much I paid for these?" Excited but not wanting to go under (more on this later), I said "Um, one dollar?"
"Guess again."
"Fifty cents?"
"Guess again."
"Twenty Five cents??"
"Free!"
"How'd you do that?"
"They're giving them away at Thornton's."

So there's this new Thornton's gas station in town by Schnuck's, and they're giving away free cereal as part of a grand opening celebration! This is almost as good as the movie ticket deal a while back. Anyway, so I drove down before they had given them all away (6 left) and got a free drink too. The free drinks promotion goes for the next two months I understand, but I bet they're out of cereal. And a culinary tip, try mixing honey nut O's with corn flakes. Delicious!

Joshua


P.S. - Guessing prices. Think of this like The Price Is Right backwards. You don't want to guess less than the actual price or you're out. When the wife says guess, aim a little high. I know your brain wants to be right on target, but it's much better for her to tell you that it was less than you said than more. Trust me on this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cereal connoisseur...

Jenna Z said...

They're also giving away free drinks, free Redbox rentals and I'm guessing when the cereal deal ends it will be something else. I'm crossing my fingers for car windshield scrapers because I need one BAD!