September has come and gone. I love September. I've got my birthday and anniversary all in the same month. September was a little weird because I was out of town for 4 days with my mom in LA, as you may recall. So I spent a truckload of money while I was there, but nothing on groceries. (Actually, correction, my *mother* spent a truckload of money. If you see her, please tell her that she isn't required to pay for everything if her daughter is over the age of 17, which I am, though I know it's hard to believe because I look so very youthful, ha!)
Anyhow... on to the spending. The Kool-Aid deal at Meijer really helped reduce our grocery spending. We got a lot of stuff we would normally pay for for free (or darn close to it) with the Catalinas.
Total grocery OOP: $42.05
Average weekly spending: $10.51
Total grocery savings: $45.46
YES! Saved more than I spent! That always makes me happy. How'd your September go? Oh, and in the interest of full disclosure, my mom did take us out to eat for my birthday and DH paid for our anniversary dinner. We always go to Applebees. On our wedding day, I was insanely hungry around 11:30 at night, and we were staying in Augusta, Maine, which doesn't have much of a nightlife... Applebees was the only restaurant in town that was still open. There you go, little trivia for your Friday. Have a great weekend!
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















1 comments:
Wow! That's definitely a successful month of grocery spending. We aren't that good!
Post a Comment