Thursday, September 17, 2009

Use 'em before the expire!

I had ECBs and cats from Meijer that were getting ready to expire on me today, so hubby and I made a run to some stores. I didn't make any money, but I thought we did ok.



Let's start at CVS:

2 Dyna-Pep energy micro shot 2pks - $4.99 w/$4.99 ECBs, LIMIT 2
1 Colgate Total - $2.99 w/$2 ECBs, LIMIT 1 I had a $1 MFC that I got from somewhere, but I honestly don't know where!
1 scissors - $2.99 w/$2.99 ECBs with raincheck

Total Cost: $16.01
Coupons: $1
ECBs: $14.89
GC: $.12
OOP: $0

And I got back $14.98 in ECBs, so this cost me $.03. I can't complain, since I really needed to use up those bucks.

I did 2 transactions at Meijer, since the Cats are limit 1 per transaction. I had 1 handwritten one, though, that she let me use with one of the actual cats.

Transaction 1
2 Butterfinger mini bags - 2/$4, used $.50 coupon from a tearpad. These will be great for Halloween time
1 Cascade Rinse Agent - $3.56, used free item coupon from Home Made Simple booklet
1 Yogurt - $.49

Total Cost: $8.33
Coupons: $4.06
Cats: $4
GC: $.27
OOP: $0

Transaction 2
1 Cascade Rinse Agent - $3.56, used free item coupon from Home Made Simple booklet
1 Yogurt - $.49
1 International Delight creamer - $1.49

Total Cost: $5.68
Coupons: $3.56
Cats: $2
OOP: $.12

And we didn't have any cash, so we actually charged $.12. You may feel free to make fun at your leisure.

Ok, last stop was Walgreens.

2 Big Roll Toilet Paper - 2/$1, I'd heard that with the IVC, these were ringing up free, but that didn't happen for me. Oh well, it's not a terrible deal....
1 Carefree Liners - $1.99 w/$2 RR, used $1 MFC

Total Cost: $3.22
Coupons: $1
GC: $2.22
OOP: $0

And I got back $2 in RR.



0 comments: