First, it was off to CVS to use a mountain of expiring ECBs. Now, I've mentioned this many times before, but I am terrible at arithmetic. It's truly embarrassingly bad. So, I keep a calculator in my coupon binder. And one in my purse. Yeah, I'm not messing around. However, as wonderful an invention as the calculator is, it doesn't do you any good if you don't use it properly. Yeah....

CVS
3 Dry Idea - $3.99 w/$1 ECBs, used $2 printables, no longer available, LIMIT 3
2 Wheat Thins - $1 ea, used $1 printables
2 Honey Bunches of Oats - B1G1, $4.79
2 Charmin Ultra Soft 9 pk - $5.49, used $1 coupons from P&G Rebate booklet, LIMIT 4
2 CVS Gold Emblem Nuts - $.79 ea, used $2/2 CRT
1 Betty Crocker Potatoes - $2.09, used free item coupon
1 Ritz Crackers - $1
1 Crest Pro-Health - $2.99 w/$2 ECBs, used free item coupon, LIMIT 1
1 Colgate toothbrush - $.99 w/$1 ECB (the toothbrushes in the travel section are free with this week's Colgate toothbrush deal!), LIMIT 1
1 Kotex Lightdays - $1.49, used $1 CRT and $.75 MFC
I had a $5/$25 that I wanted to use, and I had to use up my expiring ECBs. So I get to the counter, and ring it all up, thinking I know exactly what it'll cost, and it rings up -$4.79... I'd forgotten to actually deduct the $5 from my coupon from my total! So that's how I ended up with 2 packs of Charmin. Yeah, calculators are awesome.....
Total Cost: $37.75
Coupons: $23.38
ECBs: $13.83
GC: $.09
OOP: $0
And I got back $6 in ECBs, so this whole thing cost me $7.92... ugh... I hate that. Oh well, at least all the expiring bucks are gone.
So after a less than stellar CVS experience, I thought I'd take my skills over to Walgreens and redeem myself. It almost worked.
Transaction #1
2 Oral-B indicator toothbrushes - 2/$4 w/$2 RR, used B1G1 coupon
Total Cost: $4.31
Coupons: $2
RR: $2 from Carefree deal
GC: $.31
Got back $2 RR
Transaction #2
1 Carefree - $1.99 w/$2 RR, used $1 MFC
1 mini-highlighter - $.15 ('cause for some unknown reason, I thought I needed a filler, 'cause I'm nuts!)
Total Cost: $2.31
Coupons: $1
GC: $1.31
Transaction #3
2 Oral-B indicator toothbrushes - 2/$4 w/$2 RR, used B1G1 coupon
Total Cost: $4.31
Coupons: $2
RR: $2 from Carefree deal
GC: $.31
Got back $2 RR
Transaction #3
1 Thermacare - $2.49 w/$2.50 RR, used $1 printable
1 Russel Stover's Chocolate Pumpkin - $.59 (filler)
Total Cost: $3.15
Coupons: $1
RR: $2 from Oral-B deal
GC: $.15
And I got back $2.50 in RR.
So I came to Walgreen's with $2 RR, spent $2.08 on my gift card, and left with $4.50 in RR, so I made $0.42. So it wasn't a total disaster... Just didn't quite go as I'd hoped.





















1 comments:
Shawna,
You will earn that $7.92 bucks back in no time. ;)
Post a Comment