So I went to the store last night, not sure how much anything would cost. So I calculated my total as I went along, but somewhere I made a mistake, because I ended up spending more than I had intended. Usually I would have spent some time and had some stuff taken off, but I didn't bother. It was all stuff we could use, and I still made money (well, not including hubby's impulse purchase.. but on the Kraft stuff), so I decided to just let it go.

3 Kraft cheese - $2.50 ea, used 2 $.50 coupons
2 Crystal light - $2.69 ea, used $1/2 coupon
1 Starbucks coffee - $8.99, used $1 coupon
1 Caribou coffee - $4.99, used $1 coupon (not part of Kraft deal... hubby saw it and wanted it...)
1 Velveeta shells & cheese cup - $.99, used $.55 coupon
1 Ritz - $3.39
1 Wheat Thins - $3.49, used coupon for free Wheat Thins WYB Ritz
Total Cost: $35.08
Coupons: $8.04
OOP: $27.04 (ouch!!!!!)
And I got back a $5 catalina, and I'll be mailing in my form for my $20 rebate today. So after hubby's impulse purchase, this cost $2.04. Considering he often pays full price for coffee, and now he has two bags, I'm going to try hard not to complain... too much.
I am now going to go recalculate the spending in my sidebar and try not to cry. My rebate check cannot come soon enough so I can deduct it from my OOP!





















2 comments:
Hubby would like to mention that the Caribou coffee was marked down from the original $7.99 to $4.99 and minus a $1 peelie for a pretty good deal. :)
Haha! Love 'Hubby's comment :D
we've done Gevalia and Boca Java here for some good coffee deals. I only drink tea, but I can completely buy into the fact that crappy coffee probably isn't worth it.
I was a bit ahead of you going to County Market, but still fairly late. We did fairly well, about the same OOP as you, got two Ritz, two Wheat thins, 2 bag kraft cheese, 2 block kraft cheese, 2 teddy Grahams (the little one will be excited when we open them!), Planters peanuts, then the non-Kraft stuff of tortillas and such :D
Thanks for mentioning that County Market was participating :D
Have a great day!
Post a Comment