Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Well, some of the deals are from this week...

Have you heard I've been working a lot? Because I've been working a lot. I did actually get to the store this weekend, but I didn't actually find time to write about it. Until now. When I should be at work, but I'm not yet. Sshh, don't tell.
I was really hoping to get to CVS yesterday, but I didn't leave work until 11, so I didn't make it.

Here's what I got at Walgreens Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday:

The only deal still going on is the Bayer. Don't run out and buy the Mr. Clean expecting to get an RR, because you won't get one. :(

Transaction #1

1 Colgate - $4.49 w/$4.50 RR, used $.75 MFC
1 Bayer - $2.49 w/$2.50 RR, used $1 MFC (look for these coupons on the displays for the Bayer at Walgreens)
1 Breath Drops - $.05, filler

Total Cost: $7.10
Coupons: $1.75
RR: $5
GC: $.35

And I got back $7 in RR.

Transaction #2

4 Mr. Clean erasers - $2.50 ea, get $2 RR WYB $10, used 2 B1G1 and 2 $.75 MFC
1 Right Guard - $2.99 w/$2 RR, used coupon for free Right Guard (old IP, no longer available)
1 Jiffy Pancake Mix - $.22 clearanced, filler

Total Cost: $14.22
Coupons: $9.49
RR: $2.50
GC: $2.23

And I got back $4 in RR.





Sunday

4 Breath Drops - $.05 ea, filler
3 Frosted Mini Wheats - NOT 3/$10 w/$3 RR! These aren't on sale! They were $12. Used B1G1 and 2 $1 MFC
1 Bayer - $2.49 w/$2.50 RR, used $1 MFC
1 Colgate - $2.99 w/$2 RR, used $1 MFC

Total Cost: $17.87
Coupons: $7.51
RR: $8
GC: $2.36 (I need to stop using so much off my GC!)

So I thought I was going to get back $7.50 in RR, but the $3 didn't print for the Kelloggs. It was also why my total came to about $2 more than I thought it would. So the best Walgreens manager ever, Rick, came over and helped me read the ad (because apparently I really can't read it... it said 17.5 oz right there, and the mini wheats are 18 oz. I felt like such an idiot! But I digress....). He VERY nicely printed the $3 RR for me. I was eternally greatful. (And continue to be, though I still can't shake the "I'm a moron" feeling...).

He also said he was interested in couponing, so I gave him my card. I hope he stops by! I also wrote in to Walgreens and told them what a satisfied customer I was. I encourage everyone to do likewise. We all know there are some really great Walgreens and CVS employees out there, and we should get them some recognition. Working retail has got to be a pretty thankless job. People are mean and impolite and all around unpleasant to be around sometimes, but there are always those workers who don't let it get them down and continue to provide service that is above and beyond. They deserve some Kudos! And we should do our part to make sure they get a pat on the back!

Ok, let me climb down from my soapbox there. Just a second.... Ok, anyhow, maybe you'll hear more from me this week. It's hard to say. Don't forget to check out i heart wags and i heart cvs for this week's great deals.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Glad it worked out, which Walgreens?

I agree, definitely send in a note when you get some great service. I left two messages about particular staff that were great and the manager from each store called to say thank you to me for writing in. I was surprised. But good to know the feedback gets back to the store :D