Well, there was no time for shopping today. So instead I shall share with you a story, hopefully a funny story, if we're lucky.
So here's the thing. My husband does the laundry. No, really, he does. All the time. I barely ever do the laundry. Yes, he is amazing. Yes, he has brothers. No, they aren't single. (He cooks too... and bakes... Yes, it's true. And he's not even a droid or anything, I promise.) Anyhow, this past weekend, poor DH was stuck at work. So I was home alone doing housework. No big deal. That's what I usually do on the weekends, but since he was at work, I had to do his chores, too. That includes laundry. Ok, no big deal. I did my own laundry for many years through college and grad school. This isn't brain surgery. We have pretty concentrated laundry detergent, so we usually put some in and let the water run in the washer for a bit before we put the clothes in. Oh, let me add that I was on the phone with my aunt during this time. So I put the soap in, and I start the washer. And I walk away. I have glorious plans to come back in just a minute to add some clothes. And I close the lid. Why? Who knows! It seemed like such a good idea at the time. There are bathrooms to be cleaned and floors to be swept. No time to waste. Then, oh, probably 25 minutes later, I hear the buzzer. Yay! Clothes are done! Valiantly I walk into the laundry room. I can do this domestic broo haha after all. Open up the washer. Empty.
What?
Yes, empty. As in there is nothing in the washing machine at all, specifically no clothes.
Well, my, I must have put them in the dryer already. Let me check. *Opening the dryer* Empty.
No clothes.
In the dryer either.
Incidentally, believe it or not, they allow me operate a motor vehicle. Really. It's true.
I just ran the washing machine an entire cycle with no clothes in it. I almost died. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I chose laugh. There was nothing to be done about it now. Yes, some wasted water and electricity, but life would go on.
So I ran it again, this time with the clothes actually in it. Shocking, I know.
Let's just say that I think Joshua should continue to do the laundry from now on. Clearly I'm not qualified for this complicated endeavor.
I hope my little escapade reminds you that there are people in the world who do in fact do dumber things than you do. I think this wins some kind of dumb award. Oh well, at least it made for a good story.
***Update***
And if you're a mom, and you've done this too, I think that doesn't fall under the dumb category. Which is more important? Your kid(s)? Or the goofy washing machine? I'd say the kids would win. I can't even keep track of just the goofy washing machine. This is reason 1244 why I don't have kids. :-p
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















3 comments:
Haha, Sounds like things I do. I actually get the clothes in there sometimes and forget about them entirely until the next day when I go to do a load and find mine have soured. Yelch! I blame it on the fact I have 3 kids and no brain
I do the laundry to earn brownie points from my wife. :)
Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com
Twitter: AboutParenting
Well, if you earn dumb points for this... I get them weekly. I am the queen of leaving the washer lid open (is it a lid?). Thankfully, for me... that just means my clothes get 2 hour soaks sometimes. :) I never ever did this until I had my 2nd child and now I do it all. the. time.
Post a Comment