Monday, February 23, 2009

Sometimes I use ECBs just to watch them burn

So here's the story. I had $12 in ECBs that were expiring tomorrow. I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to roll them, but I didn't come up with any deals that were really that great. So DH suggested I just burn them. Think of something I wanted and go buy it. What a novel concept! After some arguing on my part, I finally gave in and followed his advice. Here's what I got at CVS and Walgreens tonight:



4 Cadbury Eggs
1 Strap Perfect (just $9.99, whoo hoo!)

Total Cost: $11.95
ECBs: $11.95 (adjusted down from $12)
OOP:$0

Let me tell you, the Strap Perfect is worth it! I LOVE it! Despite my extreme distaste for actually burning ECBs, this purchase might have actually been worth it!

Here's the rundown of my Walgreens run:

1 Reynolds Wrap
1 Walgreens Complete Solution

Total Cost: $2.97
Coupons: $1
GC: $1.97
OOP:$0

And I'll be getting back $2.19 in rebates, for a profit of $0.22!

One final exciting piece of news, I got my $6.99 back from the Vitamin Shampoo rebate today, so that will be coming off my OOP for the year! Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how painful it is to actually use your ECB's for something you want... instead of a "great deal" on something. Almost a guilt thing going on there!

Mama2SweetBabyJames said...

*LOL* I bought 5 Aquafresh toothpastes for my BIL (only brand he will use) and I had to keep justifying in my head how I was actually paying (13 cents) for toothpaste, rather than make money off of it.

Look what you've turned me into! ;-)

Glad to hear the strap perfect works...I totally want one now.